Warmest greetings to all from Sara Chung, Le COBDA President!
Hope everyone enjoyed the BBQ party. I was so pleased with how well the meeting went, especially with new activities for the year 2013-2014. We definitely have a busy schedule which is good 🙂
The Farmers Market outing is around the corner. Please be aware that the Farmers Market outing is on October 5th, not the 12th. We changed the date due to Illinois RID State Conference which is held on October 11-13.
When: October 5, 2013
Time: 10:30 AM to 2:30 PM
Where: Dearborn & Polk (Printers Row Park)
700 S. Dearborn, Chicago, IL
***Bring your cash only as the vendors selling do not accept credit cards. Also bring your own bag for the vegetables you buy to take home***
After the Farmers Market, we’ll be having lunch at Hackney’s Printers’ Row which is close by walking. Please bring your money to pay for your own lunch.
Hackney’s Printers’ Row
733 S. Dearborn St.
Chicago, IL 60605
Please have your transportation ready by 2:30 PM. Be aware that we’ll be not assisting anyone after 2:30. Be sure to get your ride ready no later than 2:30 PM. For people who use a service car for transportation, the address is 700 S. Dearborn for drop off and pick up.
For people who drive, there is a parking lot at the corner of Dearborn and Polk. Parking is $10.00 or little more for all day.
If you plan to use public transportation:
- State Street CTA buses are one block east of Dearborn. Take #29 or Southbound #62 and exit at State Street and Polk. Then walk one block west to Dearborn Avenue. Cross the street on Dearborn Avenue and then turn right.. 700 S. DearBorn will be on the left (South) side of the street.
- Northbound #62: If you are coming from the south via Northbound #62 bus, get off at DearBorn and Polk and cross the street to 700 S. DearBorn.
- Red Line: Exit at Harrison Street station. Walk North on State Street to Harrison Street corner. Turn left and walk one block to Dearborn Avenue. Then cross the street and turn left again and you will arrive at 700 S. Dearboarn Street on your right side.
- Blue Line: Exit LaSalle Station. Walk East on Congress Parkway to Clark Street. Turn right on Dearborn.and walk two blocks to 700 S. Dearborn. It will be on your right side.
- All other CTA Trains: Exit the Loop at Van Buren/Library Station. Walk south on State Street to Harrison. Turn right on Harrison Street. Walk one block to Dearborn Avenue. Cross the street and turn left at the corner. Then cross the street again. Walk south to 700 S. Dearborn which is on your right side.