This is a reminder. If you haven’t sent in your RSVP, please do so before Monday, April 29th. Send an email to Mindy Joy Mayer at email@example.com.
In case you missed the news about Uncle Julio’s, the LeCOBDA monthly gathering will happen on May 4th (next week Saturday) at Uncle Julio’s Restaurant. Our meeting will be the first Saturday in May, not the second Saturday in May. And we will meet at Uncle Julio’s. Do not go to the Chicago Lighthouse for the meeting.
Where is Uncle Julio’s?855 W. North Avenue Chicago, IL 60642 1-312-266-4222 Near the Red Line North/Clybourn Station
Our luncheon will be from 11:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
If you are taking Paratransit, make sure to tell your driver to go to Uncle Julio’s. If you are using public transportation, the following tips will be helpful:
From the Red Line Subway, exit the North/Clybourn station. The address of the train station is 1599 N. Clybourn Street. From the station, walk northwest on Clybourn to North Avenue for about 70 feet. Then walk west (left) on North Avenue to Uncle Julio’s. About 210 feet.
If you are riding a city bus, the following CTA buses serve the neighborhood:
Support our SSPs and Interpreters
LeCOBDA members are asked to contribute $10 or more to help pay for the meals for our SSPs and Interpreters. They are an awesome group of volunteers who have made LeCOBDA meetings so enjoyable and accessible for all of us, and they deserve a great meal too!
What’s at Uncle Julio’s?
You can visit Uncle Julio’s website here, http://www.unclejulios.com/, for full details, or you can read the sample menu below. The options look so delicious, we wish we were eating there today! Plan your menu choices ahead of time and we’ll be able to order more quickly and get right to socializing, which is something we all love to do at LeCOBDA meetings.
- Homemade Tamales: pork or chicken or veggie or shrimp
- Quesadillas: Veggie or Chicken Shrimp
- Chicken Fajita Cobb Salad
- Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Ensaladita (Salad)
- Ensalada Grande (Big Salad)
- Salad Dressings: Ranch, Honey Dijon Vinaigrette, Chipotle Ranch and Citrus Vinaigrette
- Cheese and Onion Enchiladas
- Chicken Enchiladas
- Beef Enchiladas
- Combination Enchiladas: Beef, chicken or cheese & onion
- Soft Taco Plate: 2 chicken or 2 beef or
- Supreme: 2 chicken or beef fajita
- Crispy Taco Plate: 3 chicken or beef
- Flautas Dinner: Chicken or beef
- Herschel’s Platter: Chicken enchilada, cheese chile relleno, pork tamale, beef taco al carbon
- Juanita’s Platter: Create your own custom combination of 2 enchiladas (chicken, beef or cheese & onion) plus 1 crispy taco (chicken or beef) plus 1 tamale (pork or chicken)
- Benito’s Platter: Cheese chile relleno, chicken enchilada, pork tamale
- Cheese Chile Rellenos
- Plato Tampiqueno: Carne Asada & enchilada
- Mesquite Grilled Salmon Filet
- Ensalada Especial
- Grilled Vegetable Platter
- Fajitas al Carbon: choose Chicken, or Beef, or Chicken and Beef or Spicy Shrimp
- Vegetable Fajitas Especial
- Vegetable Fajitas
- Fajitas Especial: Beef and chicken fajitas
- Honey Chipotle Salmon
- Carne Asada: marinated beef skirt steak.
- Grilled Fish Tacos: grilled tilapia
- Tacos al Carbon: chicken or beef fajitas
- Pechuga de Pollo: grilled chicken breast
Hasta La Vista!